Re: [Computerbank] mistake about nominations at AGM

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 11:41:24AM +1030, David Lloyd arranged a set of bits into the following:
> I wasn't going to step into this debate. However:
I'll answer some of these that I know about.

> Computerbank Australia Inc

WRT Insurance, I've been seeing Con (CAI Tresurer) putting several full
days of work getting the runaround from Insurance companies trying to
get this sorted out to SA's satisfation.

>  3. Doesn't seem to understand its constitution
>     - which incidentally is written in legalese
>     - this isn't Computerbank's fault; they look like the model rules
>       under the Victorian or NSW act which are just *stupidly* written in
>       my opinion
There are issues with the constitution (In fact I believe that the
version people are using is a copy of a copy that passed though my
laptop late last year... [I only did file format conversion]). But if
people don't tell us what's wrong then we can only fix what we see.

>  4. Last time I looked I thought the fees were $12
>     - now they're $3.30
>     - can someone explain this?
$1 +GST per month, paying through to April (IIRC), so the fee depends on
when you become a member.

> I'm not prepared to allow this to happen and I'm not of the opinion that
> Computerbank Australia Incorporated is in a salvagable position. I
> recommend that ALL the state branches incorporate as a legal entity in
> their own state and that once all the branches have had a while to
> stabilise and sort their own internal affairs out, consideration for the
> recreation of a national, umbrella branch be made.
That's exactly what Victoria are looking at after a meeting on this
subject last week.