Re: [Computerbank] mistake about nominations at AGM

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 01:42:44PM +1030, Romana Challans arranged a set of bits into the following:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 01:40:16PM +1100, Julien Goodwin imparted:
> > On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 11:41:24AM +1030, David Lloyd arranged a set of bits into the following:
> > > I wasn't going to step into this debate. However:
> > I'll answer some of these that I know about.
>
> except you obviously dont.
My comment on the insurance was just that, a comment, my understanding
comes from discussions with Con while he was dealign wiht this.

> > > Computerbank Australia Inc
> >
> > WRT Insurance, I've been seeing Con (CAI Tresurer) putting several full
> > days of work getting the runaround from Insurance companies trying to
> > get this sorted out to SA's satisfation.
>
> SA's satisfaction? If by that you mean ensuring we are
> 1) covered by insurance
> 2) ADEQUATELY covered by insurance
> 3) not paying twice what we needed to for insurance
>
> then I guess we are satisfied. you obviously have nfi of what actually
> happened, so let me enlighten you a tad.
Where did I say he'd sucseeded, only that he had been working towards
it.

> we were notified by our cwc that the public liability insurance was due
> - and we had no renewal information. noone had noticed or done anything
>   about it at vic. the insurance renewal rollover notice hadnt been
>   recieved - but obviously there seems to have been a minor breakdown
>   in the tracking of due things. de nada.
>
> we notify con. ok, he tracks down renewal - after a few days of
>   uncertainty about coverage, and our cwc getting worried, just as we
>   are negotiating new scheme and rollover of current scheme - just what
>   we needed! renewal obscene price. in the meantime, we have sourced
>   insurance quote at half teh price, and decided that this is final
>   thing, we should probably just incorporate ourselves and manage our
>   own stuff - we are doing most of it anyway now, so it makes sense,
>   right? so notify con of this, fair enough, he is interested in half
>   price quote. we supply details, he negotiates much better deal at
>   half price for cai. much rejoicing.
>   EXCEPT
>   he didnt know cwcs/dewa now require (i think always have) 10 million
>   dollars as insurance minimum, so i had to recontact him and say 5
>   million policy not enough. he renegotiates accordingly, and w00t, we
>   have insurance.
>
>   NOW if you think thats just us getting con to jump through hoops for
>   our satisfaction you have nfi of how to run a branch. or anything.
>
>   please note - there is nothing above that is criticism of con or kylie
>   or anyone else involved with this - vic people have provided much
>   miuch help and kudos to all. independence just makes sense.
I'm not disputing that.

>   however, that doesnt mean its fair to snipe at us for wanting things
>   done properly, to ensure our continued viability (and vics
>   incidentally) as wftd provider, while we remain a branch.
I wasn't sniping, just pointing out that there was at least a fair bit
of work put into fixing the problem.