Re: [Computerbank] mistake about nominations at AGM

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 01:40:16PM +1100, Julien Goodwin imparted:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 11:41:24AM +1030, David Lloyd arranged a set of bits into the following:
> > I wasn't going to step into this debate. However:
> I'll answer some of these that I know about.

except you obviously dont.

> > Computerbank Australia Inc
>
> WRT Insurance, I've been seeing Con (CAI Tresurer) putting several full
> days of work getting the runaround from Insurance companies trying to
> get this sorted out to SA's satisfation.

SA's satisfaction? If by that you mean ensuring we are
1) covered by insurance
2) ADEQUATELY covered by insurance
3) not paying twice what we needed to for insurance

then I guess we are satisfied. you obviously have nfi of what actually
happened, so let me enlighten you a tad.

we were notified by our cwc that the public liability insurance was due
- and we had no renewal information. noone had noticed or done anything
  about it at vic. the insurance renewal rollover notice hadnt been
  recieved - but obviously there seems to have been a minor breakdown
  in the tracking of due things. de nada.

we notify con. ok, he tracks down renewal - after a few days of
  uncertainty about coverage, and our cwc getting worried, just as we
  are negotiating new scheme and rollover of current scheme - just what
  we needed! renewal obscene price. in the meantime, we have sourced
  insurance quote at half teh price, and decided that this is final
  thing, we should probably just incorporate ourselves and manage our
  own stuff - we are doing most of it anyway now, so it makes sense,
  right? so notify con of this, fair enough, he is interested in half
  price quote. we supply details, he negotiates much better deal at
  half price for cai. much rejoicing.
  EXCEPT
  he didnt know cwcs/dewa now require (i think always have) 10 million
  dollars as insurance minimum, so i had to recontact him and say 5
  million policy not enough. he renegotiates accordingly, and w00t, we
  have insurance.

  NOW if you think thats just us getting con to jump through hoops for
  our satisfaction you have nfi of how to run a branch. or anything.

  please note - there is nothing above that is criticism of con or kylie
  or anyone else involved with this - vic people have provided much
  miuch help and kudos to all. independence just makes sense.

  however, that doesnt mean its fair to snipe at us for wanting things
  done properly, to ensure our continued viability (and vics
  incidentally) as wftd provider, while we remain a branch.

r.

ps yes im sodding grumpy.

--
Romana Challans