[Computerbank] Re: [cbnsw-tech] Salon.com Technology | Building the undergroundcomputer railroad

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Romana Challans wrote:

> http://salon.com/tech/feature/2002/09/23/antiglobal_geeks/index.html
>
> I think we need someone to comment asap on this please - lets carpe
> publicity!!!
>
> Also, we shld be making contact with group featured - links etc on
> websites....

No need to get *quite* so excited - they're recycling PCs.  Just like us.
And like probably more than a hundred other groups around the world.
They're doing good work, and it's something that we can do here in
Australia.

I don't quite see how we can seize publicity from this - how many newspapers
are going to do a story on ComputerBank on the basis of a "we do the same as
them" press release?

Making contact with the group(s) featured in the article shouldn't be quite
that difficult.  Feel free to do so, if you need someone's approval.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16