Re: [crimson-list] Improve AI behavior : transport

Le 2014-04-16 11:06, SteveB a ÃcritÂ:

I agree with you, there is a lot of work to do on AI.

But :

1. I do not want to break the existing game. That's why I would like a test framework in order to check regression before great changes, and I do not have time for that yet.

2. I do not pretend to make the AI a great conquirer : just improve some local points on which I can work with a minimal exemple, and the two patch I've sent do not change the AI strategy.

The points you mentions are more  strategical  than  tactical  (ie, there is now really concertation between the units, the AI act like in a stateless game â the AI rebuild it's own strategy for each unit) and require more change in the game than what I'm ready for.

I'm thinking about adding virtuals maps in the game in order to help to take a decision : dangerousity map on which each hex is mark by the amount of dammage a unit can receive; transport map (which give importance to bridge or small way between mountains), but I'm not ready to start such changes alone.

But if the project gains a new dynamic, I would be happy to contribute :)

--
SÃbastien