Re: Second tutorial map

> > I created the map layout which is (as always) open to any
comments.

> Nice layout so far. Before you extend the messages, though, please
> remove messages # 5, 6, and 7. 5 and 6 are only needed for the first
> mission of a campaign, and 7 wasn't even used there.

Will do.

> > My idea of this map is:
> >
> > - the player starts with experienced and damaged Heavy Tanks
somewhere
> > in the middle of the map (8/10 or so) against two almost destroyed
> > Medium Tanks.
> > - after destroying the enemies he's told to return to the depot
and
> > repair the tanks
> > - then he receives some crystals to build some heavy and medium
tanks.
> > Opponent will then be able to produce Infantry (and gets some
mining
> > so that he creates them one at a time) for, say, 3 turns and then
> > Medium Tanks for maybe 6 turns (one every other turn or so, this
will
> > need some balancing) -- The idea of this is to gain some ranking
by
> > the player and see that the units are more powerful then. It does
not
> > cover the "advanced" tactics (wedging, blocking), so he has to
have
> > superior numbers at all times.
>
> If the goal is to show the effects of experience wouldn't it be
better
> to give the player, e.g. two medium tanks in different parts of the
> map, one straight out of the factory, and one an experienced
veteran,
> and pit each of them against an unexperienced unit of medium tanks
as
> well? That way you can immediately compare the effects.

This will probably be better. So here goes the map scenario v.2:

- the player has two Medium Tanks units. One of them (located
somewhere in the nw part (5,3 or so)) will be rookie and the second
(in the middle as proposed before) will be veteran. Both will combat
single Medium Tanks (they will maybe have to be damaged). After
destroying these the scenario would continue as above. I want to force
the player to win some fights and get some ranking. I hope it won't be
too boring.

> > - after that (probably timer triggered) the player will "research"
> > Infantry and will be instructed to conquer the enemy base.
>
> Adding repairs and production is fine IMO.

I don't know whether the player should be able to produce just one
type of unit (Medium Tanks) or have the choice between Heavy and
Medium Tanks. The infantry comes into play later, that's for sure.

Andrej
RAMMSTEIN, 22.02.2005 o 20,00, Bratislava Incheba,
Info: 0904 666 363, http://www.xl.sk