Re: Website

On Monday 15 March 2004 10:03 pm, Torinthiel wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 01:54:33PM +0000, Dave Fancella wrote:
> > You're supposed to tell me how pretty it is/isn't, and whether or not
> > the navigation on the left is good, what's bad about it, and so forth.
>
> I have two remarks. First the title is black on gray background, so it's
> almost invisible. Second, in my browser (Opera 7.22) the news table
> starts something like three letters from the line separating main
> content from navigation bar. But it ends just a few pixels before the
> end of the green (hell, I know it's not green. But what's that colour?)
> colour. And this looks bad. If you could make the gap between end of
> news table and end of the big content cell bigger, it would help.
> Torinthiel

Title:  It would help if someone could give me the html colors for the game,
like the orange or brown or whatever that is that's FNA and the nice blue
that's Kand.  I'll gladly use those colors.  I'm not very good with color.
:(  I'll probably whip out some program that'll tell me, sometime, but if any
of you guys just happen to know them I'd be much obliged.  :)

News table:  I removed it.  Now it's just headings and paragraphs.  I don't
like table-based layouts at all and try to avoid them, for the most part.

Green:  Yeah, it's green, barely.  It's #a0baa0 if you were wondering.  It's
the same background that's on my site, just used a little differently.  :)
Right now I'm just copying and pasting pieces from my own stylesheet and then
changing them.  There are a few things I always do, like indent the
paragraphs farther than the headings, resize the headings (browser default
heading sizes vary too much), and a few other things.

I'm rewriting my own website, and while I'm at it I'm going to knock out all
the outstanding website work that's on my plate (crimson isn't the only site
I'm looking at besides my own, either ;)  ).  I'm about to write a news
engine for my site, and it's my intention to use that news engine on the
crimson site as well.

One more question:  There's a feature request script that I wrote up for
audacity.  Are you guys interested in having it?  I.e. would it get used?
Audacity's user base is pretty large right now, I suspect that Crimson's is
pretty small and this script might be overkill.  But it's pretty.  :)

http://audacityteam.org/FeatureRequest.php

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em

Football builds self-discipline.  What else would induce a spectator to
sit out in the open in subfreezing weather?