Re: Multi-hex units

In the cool board game Heroscape, multi-hex units move in a way that the
trailing hex simply follows the leading hex.  FWIW, it also allows either hex
to be the leading or trailing at the start of movement.

Graphically it may be a bit tricky, since you would have things turning.  Doing
it smoothly would mean you'd need smooth rotations while things were shifting
hexes.

On the bright side, this solves all manner of issues, such as how to deal with
corners or rivers or terrain a unit can't go.  Just apply the rules to the
leading hex, and the other one will never have trouble.

Pat.