Re: FORTH plusminus, was Re: [f-cpu] Winograd DCT on my seul.orgaccount

> I think that you understand the problem. The only way to schedule an algorithm
> in a high level language is after you generate the assembler, and this
> assembler can't be rigt scheduled when it's generated, because the
> intermediate representation didn't reflect the asm language.

Hmm AFAIK about gcc it does scheduling as part of compilation and
it seems to work (well it not so good in all cases).
I think that scheduling almost done assembler is hard because you
nave not all the information. For example gcc allows you to mark
conditions as "likely" or "unlikely" to branch - this should influence
scheduling but it is not known at later stages ..

devik