Re: [f-cpu] C/VHDL interface

hi,

nicO wrote:
> Yann Guidon a écrit :
> > nicO wrote:
> > > If you put macro inside your asm, never forget to introduice the dot
> > > (like .not), most of the time we expect that 1 instruction take 32 bits
> > > but it could be much more with macro.
> > ?
> >
> > can you explain with more details/examples ?
> >
> For me ASM is just an other way to read a binary code. But if you use
> macro, you don't know how much instruction are inserted like for .not
> wich combine 2 instructions, or .loadcons with more than 16 bit. So the
> dot si a good way to say : be carefull it's bigger than usual.

i didn't know this kind of syntax.

btw, "not" a register does not need 2 instructions, one is enough.
you can don "xnor r0, src, dest" for example.

for loadcons, we can probably use another syntax or even a pre-processor :
i'm thinking about the in-source debugging.

btw, IIRC there is no debugger yet. there are plans for cross-emulators but
it is not enough, what will we do when the real chip will be available ?
we can use the emulator to debug the debugger stub, for example.

> nicO
WHYGEE