Re: [f-cpu] C/VHDL interface

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 01:46:09PM -0400, nicO wrote:
[...]
> If you put macro inside your asm, never forget to introduice the dot
> (like .not), most of the time we expect that 1 instruction take 32 bits
> but it could be much more with macro.
[...]

Names with a leading `.' are usually reserved for ASM directives (like
.align, .org, .byte, .global and so on).

`not r2, r1' translates to something like `nor r0, r2, r1', so there *is*
only one instruction.  The only exception is the `generic loadcons' which
may emit several instructions (but in a predictable -- and documentable --
way).