Re: [f-cpu] Conditionnal load and store, the return

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cedric BAIL" <cedric.bail@free.fr>
To: <f-cpu@seul.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: [f-cpu] Conditionnal load and store, the return

> > But if you only access memory just after the test succeeds, an
> > exception will occur and still you need to rexecute the instruction.
>
> And what append if you point to NULL and the test is false ? You can't
> reexecute it and never. So what did you do ?

Hey did you ever program a page fault exception ? by default the last IP (or
PC) when a page fault occurs is pointed on the faulty instruction so we can
resume - BY DEFAULT - with the faulty instruction. It is up to the exception
handler to determine if it must resume or kill the process !!! so if you
encounter a NULL either you just need change the IP (or PC) to call a user
exception (signal in Unix) or just kill the process.