Re: [f-cpu] (Code Review) Call for general/public code review

hi,

Michael Riepe wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 11:05:25PM +0100, Yann Guidon wrote:
> [...]
> > > Public review is a good idea (it's one of te core principles of the
> > > Open Source programming model).  Doing it one file at a time is not so
> > > good, IMHO.
> > it was an idea. If you have a better, simpler, whatever, one,
> > just tell us :-)
> Unit/module based.
then, a module will need one week or something like that.

i am reworking on the ROP2 unit, along with trying to adapt the existing
files for Simili2 and ncvhdl...

> > Only a few subscribers of this mailing list have read most files
> > and even less understand them. Posting one files a day on the list
> > will expose and explain every file, so lurkers can have a better
> > overview. This will also allow to detail stuffs that we once forgot,
> > remember what and whys, enhance the documentation...
> I can post the files, but currently I have no time to write
> documentation -- for the next 6 months I will be very busy.
i understand.

> > btw, on the french mailing list, we started speaking about the
> > integer divider unit. Cedric has got an algorithm and he'll work
> > on it during the next weeks, i guess, starting with behavioural
> > dedfinitions. To simplify things, the clock will be halved locally
> > to avoid pipelining the 64-bit substractor...
> Can you (or cedric) please provide some details?
more on this subject in the middle of next week.
most issues are still open and hot...

>  Michael "Tired" Riepe <Michael.Riepe@stud.uni-hannover.de>
WHYGEE