Re: [f-cpu] [Fwd: RE: MAC address]

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 04:16:16AM +0200, Yann Guidon wrote:
[...]
> > I guess I'll stick with vanilla and simili.  Maybe I'll even drop vanilla
> > -- simili seems to work great with linux/wine, and is much faster.
> I'm glad that we're on the same brain wavelength but beware : Vanilla
> has some limitations and Simili can be too generous. I care for the portability
> of the source code and i don't want to be trapped by Simili or anything else.

I used to compile with both of them, and change all code that didn't
work with either one.

[...]
> lazy guy ;-P
> (heck, that means that you're a good programmer, in the PERL world)

Also in the Unix world. "Do it only once, but do it right" ;)

> i even guess that you have made a function with it, that you included in
> your .bash_profile :-P

No, functions belong in .bashrc -- because they're not exported to
subshells automatically ;)

> If i survive to the installation of this ncstuff, i'll let you know...
> Ok, now, let's see if i have libc.so.6/GLIBC_2.2 available somewhere...

Most distributions use that nowadays -- except debian, AFAIK.