Re: [freehaven-dev] reputations

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 11:09:04PM -0500, Giorgos Zacharia wrote:
> My name is Giorgos Zacharia.
> My SM thesis at MIT was on reputation algorithms for online communities.
> Since then, I have co-founded Open Ratings, Inc., which offers supplier
> performance ratings.
>
> I am obviously interested in reputation algorithms from both an academic and
> a commercial perspective.

Both of our recent chapters -- 'Free Haven' and 'Accountability' --
discuss reputation systems. We talk about them in general (how to look
at a new domain and figure out the right questions to ask), as well as
sketching out how to apply the ideas to the Free Haven situation.

I'm curious what your impressions and responses are to the chapters.

--Roger