Re: gEDA-user: geda & guile installation failure

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, SMOBERLY wrote:

> script in the libgeda directory fails because it says it can't find Guile.

Does it miss guile-config ("cannot find guile-config; is Guile
installed?")? Check PATH. It's (as Mike said) looking for the program
guile-config.

> updated my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH environment variables per instructions.
> Do I need to put Guile in my library path?

When ./configure tries to determine version of Guile, it compiles small
programs with certain functions in them. To be able to run them you must
have LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointing to libguile.so. Else it will complain about
something like "You need to upgrade to Guile >= 1.3.2"

Good luck,
/spe
! Stefan Petersen, MSc EE         !  \
! http://www.stacken.kth.se/~spe/ !    \_________________________