Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist: ERROR: Unbound variable: primitive-fork

Hi,

>I should point out that I'm using Slackware 9.0, and when I downloaded
>gEDA/gaf, I was *amazed* when it compiled: no errors, no warnings,
>everything just worked first time through.  I really wish every open
>source project was built to be so smooth.

	:)

>The only thing that I would like to see done differently is the bundling
>of all the .tar.gz files and the top-level installer make file wrapped
>into a single binary for bulk downloading.  Having to download all those
>files made my wrist tired.  :)  But I hardly consider this a critical
>issue.

wget -c -g on ftp://ftp.geda.seul.org/pub/geda/devel/20040111/*.gz
wget -c ftp://ftp.geda.seul.org/pub/geda/devel/20040111/Makefile
for i in *.gz; do tar xfz $i; done

I have an answer (tonight) for everything. <grin> :)

Seriously, the packaging is the way it is to make the rpm and deb package
maintainer's lives easier.  And believe me, I want to make their lives
as easy as possible, as I do not have time to create the packages myself.

Thanks for the feedback.

								-Ales