Re: gEDA-user: gschem and chip resistor arrays

Slot might work well for that if you take the trouble to model your symbol after
a 74 series logic chip with slots.   I take a layout oriented approach to my
designs, so I mostly do not want the slot concept...

To me, it is easy and desirable to make a symbol that is a box with resistor
symbols in it as graphic only lines, then attach device attribute and a text
label for the array if it is a very specific package.

But suppose we wanted to  generate a spice netlist?   What other
attributes would have to be added?  Something like the slot concept
or at least some way toassign a spice resistor primitive to the pins it
connects to, or be stuck needing to make a custom spice model of the
R array for no great benefit over a netlist of generic R's connected with wires.

--
John Griessen    Cibolo Design       Austin Texas, linux counter #249315