Re: gEDA-user: A couple o' questions

Mark Rages wrote:

The pintype *is* obvious for the "fistful of TTL chips" approach to digital design, which was commonplace when EDA systems were first getting developed. Maybe the pintype DRC is a bit of an anachronism.

maybe DRC applies much better to some types of designs than others.

Which would imply to me that DRC should be used judiciously.
Perhaps the components themselves should know whether that are good at being DRC'd. Or a DRC rule decks be chosen for purpose?

I never figured out the DRC attributes for a bipolar tansistor at board level for exmaple. john