Re: gEDA-user: gschem segmentation fault

Ales Hvezda wrote:
Hi,

Thank you Steve, that did the trick! I should have known that it was
an environment variable... Still, it's quite a stange thing to happen,
and if it's not gschem but glibc, shouldn't a lot more programs suffer
the same problem?

Anyway gschem is a lot more usable for me now, maybe this is something
to add to the FAQ?

I've been reading this thread with quite some interest. Some questions:

* What version of guile is being used?
* Was this version of guile installed by the distribution or a custom build?
* Which operating system (brand/distribution)?
* How was the software installed (distribution package/install CD)?

I haven't seen a failure like this in quite a while.  Could you please post
a schematic and the exact keystrokes necessary to reproduce this seg fault?

Thanks,
-Ales
- This was a vanilla FC5 install from the 5 CD's created by downloading the iso images.
- This is a Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz
- guile-1.6.7-6 and guile-devel-1.6.7-6 from the FC5 distribution.
- Running FC5 w/ kernel-smp-2.6.16-1.2080_FC5 and tried also 2.6.15.1 (w/ no hyperthread) from kernel.org with same results.
- glib2-2.10.1-1 and glib2-devel-2.10.1-1 from the FC5 distribution
- gtk2-2.8.15-1 and gtk2-devel-2.8.15-1 from the FC5 distribution

The bt & schematic are attached.

To get the segv
- open the schematic
- close the schematic

Ales, if the attachments don't show up in the posting, I'll email them.
I've embedded the symbols in the schematic. Hope I haven't missed something.

I did find this interesting thread http://www.mail-archive.com/classpath@xxxxxxx/msg12607.html

Steve