Re: gEDA-user: TwoStageAmp example

On 4/1/07, Stuart Brorson wrote:
Please make sure you have the latest stuff from the gEDA site.  The
Feb 2007 release fixed this problem.

Hello, I have already pushed geda's 20070216 snapshot into fedora repositories. # yum update geda* will do the job.

Of course, if this doesn't make the example run
"out of the box", then please patch it properly, and send me the
patches so I can update the gEDA/gaf CVS.

Sure, I'll send it to you tonight.

I am interested in hearing about how we can deal with the issue of
distributing the SPICE model.  I distribute them from my webpage using
a "so sue me" licence.  But we can't do that for Fedora or gEDA/gaf.
What's a good way to tell users how to get the model?

So if you want to take the whole responsibility, I would say - that all packages (whether deb,rpm..) of geda-spice be hosted on your webpage. - geda-examples have a README.spice file which states how to install geda-spice on different distributions. - geda-examples be patched in such a way to provide consistency with respect to geda-spice package (distro independent)

regards,
chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com