Re: gEDA-user: TwoStageAmp example

What is the plan for supporting circuit simulation within the gEDA
              ^^^^

"plan?!?!?" ....   *chuckle*

suite going forward?  I started off thinking that I would have to
generate a spice netlist (because I read somewhere that the spice-sdb
backend was for use with both ngspice and gnucap).  Then I started
wondering if perhaps a new netlist backend would be required for use
with gnucap.  Now I'm not sure what to think, so I think I'll ask.

Ummm, from my perspective, the "plan" is to retain the two circuit simulators as part of the suite. Both have their places. Al will continue to improve Gnucap, and ngspice will also (more) slowly evolve. Folks can use either one, depending upon what works best for them.

As for the new netlist backends for Verilog-AMS or VHDL-AMS to feed
Gnucap:  They will appear as soon as somebody steps up to the plate
and creates them!

At the moment, I am compiling gnucap-2007-03-29, and I think (but I'm
not sure) that I will need to follow that by compiling the ngspice17
models.  Then I'm hoping I can load the spice netlist produced by
gnetlist.  Am I heading down the right track?

I suggest you play around with both Gnucap and ngspice, and see which one suits your purposes. I believe Gnucap still accepts SPICE syntax netlists, so you can netlist using spice-sdb and then use either Gnucap or ngspice for simulation.

Stuart