Re: gEDA-user: avoid route on component layer for specific component

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 09:04:55AM +0200, ludovic SMADJA wrote:

> On an home-made board, it's sometimes quite difficult to solder
> components on component side. The problem is that autoroute method use
> it to connect component layer and solder layer.

Turned pin sockets are a big help for that problem.

> Is a way to easily declare for some components (like IC) but not for
> others (like resistor) not to route on component layer but only on
> solder layer ?

In Eagle I used to use keepouts on the top layer around those components,
and via-keepouts under the chips.  In pcb you could probably get close
to the same effect by drawing walls around the pins in the copper which
you delete later.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>