Re: gEDA-user: Gnucap crash

* gnetlist -g spice-sdb -o spice.netlist.wpd TwoStageAmp.sch
.model 2N3904 NPN(IS=1E-14 VAF=100
+  Bf=300 IKF=0.4 XTB=1.5 BR=4
+  CJC=4E-12  CJE=8E-12 RB=20 RC=0.1 RE=0.1
+  TR=250E-9  TF=350E-12 ITF=1 VTF=2 XTF=3 Vceo=40
+ Icrating=200m mfg=Philips)
R5 Vin 1 10
.OP
RE1 0 Vem1 100
Q1 Vcoll1 Vbase1 Vem1 2N3904
R2 0 Vbase1 2K
.end

> The crash/assertion failure occurs when I execute the "op"
> command at the Gnucap prompt.

It didn't crash for me.
Hmmm....
It does crash for me... and it triggers an assertion failure when I
build with debugging enabled -- the assertion is definately tied to
the fact that 'precalc()' doesn't get called for RE1.

You've mentioned that one way I can help is by being a newbie doing
newbie things to the simulator.  I encountered the crash last week,
learned that I needed to move the .OP command to the end of the
script, and continued on with my exercise.  Then, this weekend, I went
back to where I saw crash and tried to debug it some more.

I load that netlist with

$ gnucap blah.ckt

then I execute  the "op" command at the gnucap prompt

gnucap> op

I get a segmentation fault (with the 3-29 snapshot) -- I get an assertion failure at line 105 of d_res.cc when I do the same thing with a debug build of the 3-29 snapshot.

Based on what I saw in the code, I remain very confused that you don't
see the same error, but that's life, I guess.

--wpd