Re: gEDA-user: Gnucap crash

This is supposed to work.

I will be unable to work on it for 2 weeks.  Until then ...

Don't put commands in the middle of the netlist in a file.

ok... no problem.  The only reason I did it before was because that
was the way the spice-sdb backend to gnetlist embedded simulation
commands in the schematic.  It probably has to do with where the
simulation command shows up in the schematic file.

Since I found that to be confusing when I first saw it, (not being
aware of how spice operated), and since it is not likely to be the
right thing for newbies to do I'll take a look at spice-sdb and see if
there is a way to sort the output so that embedded simulation commands
come out at the end.  (Hmmm.... now that I think about it, I seem to
recall a "sort things so that gnucap is happy" option that already
exists for spice-sdb.)  Of course, since Stuart reads this list, he'll
probably jump in, change the single line of code that needs to be
changed, and issue a patch before I even finish drinking my Diet Pepsi
this morning.  :-)

If you have a file that has commands in the middle, do something
like "build" (and add nothing) or "delete" (delete nothing) and
it will force a rebuild on the next simulation command.

This is a real bug.  I will fix it.  This hack is to get you by
until I do.

OK, thanks. Now that I know to avoid that, and that you are aware of it, it won't be a problem for me going forward.

Thanks again.

--wpd