Re: gEDA-user: 4-bit_12-LED.png (PNG Image, 1024x768 pixels)

On 4/2/07, John Coppens <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 15:03:08 -0700
william estrada <MrUmunhum@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>    I have made my first drawing using gEDA.  I have some questions about
> using gEDA.  In the drawing I used an 'arc' to jump over one of the
> 'traces'.  Is the a better way to show that lines are not connected?

By definition, in modern diagrams, if two lines cross, they are _not_
connected. A connection is only there if a dot is seen on the crossing.

I haven't seen the arc-crossing for a while now. It probably takes just
too much time to draw that.

Microsoft Visio has a feature that make wire jumps automagically. You can even deside if the horisontal wires or the vertical wires should jump. Arc crossing makes readability of schematics subjectively better, just like that "solder" dot to explicite show connection even on T-connections. (If the dot happens automagically, then you know that there is a connection)

I don't think there is another way but to use wire jumps to
explicitely tell the reader that there is no connection on a crossing.
All other means are implicite and you will have to state the date of
drawing and the state of mind of the drawer in order for the reader to
be 100% shure if there is an X-crossing or a jump when he sees two
cords in a schematic.

--
Svenn