Re: gEDA-user: Re: 4-bit_12-LED.png (PNG Image, 1024x768 pixels)

On Apr 14, 2007, at 8:15 PM, Levente wrote:
Microsoft Visio has a feature that make wire jumps automagically. You
can even deside if the horisontal wires or the vertical wires should
jump. Arc crossing makes readability of schematics subjectively
better, just like that "solder" dot to explicite show connection even
on T-connections. (If the dot happens automagically, then you know
that there is a connection)

So you want to travel back in the 50's or 60's in USA, where they used to use this on hand drawings... I recall a schematic of a tube amp showing this kind of jumpers... :-)

It was pretty common in the 70s and 80s as well. Not much after that, though. I must admit that I had a difficult time adjusting. "Because everyone else does it" doesn't make something a good idea, but when enough people ask you what "those little arcs" are on your schematic, you adapt. ;)

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL