From: John Griessen <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:33:10
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: photo-imagable supplies

Mike Jarabek wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    When I did double sided photoresist boards I used a frame made from aluminum.

[jg]Thanks Mike.  Sounds like a good holder method.

occasionally the print shop that did my photomasks would use a different piece of glass to hold down my original,

After I got burned a couple of times, I added a vernier scale to the output plot,

and showed them the error, and made them do it again until they got it right. The eventually figured it out, and after

that they made real nice plots for me.

This touches on the situation I've found now.  Ordinary print shops don't do decent film repro work,
and say they can't get the high contrast film, and I found only one expensive supplier so far.

Microchrome Technology Products  quoted $350 for 25 sheets film and $300 for cases of chemicals
last October...  An easy price for 50 micron line work, but not for us...

anyone know a current supplier?

John Griessen