Re: gEDA-user: PCBs using desktop inkjet

Tomaz Solc wrote:
> Hi
>
>> Hmmm.... I guess we will be forced to go 100% surface mount, unless they
>> can figure out a way to print holes.
>
> I'm more interested in how you would mount any kind of device on such a
> circuit. You probably can't solder anything to paper or plastic film.
>
> Best regards
> Tomaz

I don't agree to this. You can solder on paper and plastic. The temperature is espacially for plastic no problem (see plastic ICs that are reflowed). In our company we make for example antenna amplifiers that have soldered some (not all) components on thin flexible plastic. It's just a question of the right material. And paper is also relative heat resistant: It gets brown a little bit, but i think you can produce a more heat resistant paper (for example something like Pertinax?)

Stefan