Re: gEDA-user: PCBs using desktop inkjet

Tomaz Solc wrote:

I'm more interested in how you would mount any kind of device on such a
circuit. You probably can't solder anything to paper or plastic film.

The silver is no problem to solder to. There are now just being offered some R&D inkjet printers with very accurate positioners and ability to handle flat thick boards of FR-4, etc. They just start at $30K US and are mostly custom built with different options...

DJ and I briefly discussed how you could modify a laser printer to accept thick flat boards
and I realized you probably can't get the xerography process to work on a good conductor
metal surface...no charge patterning by HV and light drawing.    But modifying a
commercial throw-away inkjet to handle FR-4 would be very valuable to use  with the
silver/ascorbic acid additive conductor printing method!

John Griessen