Re: gEDA-user: PCBs using desktop inkjet

> Has anyone done tests about printing onto metal foil covered paper?
> I wonder...  the signage and plaque making businesses use dye
> sublimation for foil overprinting to get zappy metallic reflective
> colors...

The Homebrew folks have.  It just doesn't stick well enough, between
the poor drum transfer and the poor fuser performance.

> But printing on two thin substrates might work with the right
> substrate and a "heavy paper setting" on a recent high performance
> laser printer.....  Then align and laminate them with epoxy like
> multi layer board fabbers do...

I've thought of doing this with the 15 mil single sided blanks - etch
each layer separately, then glue them together.  The problem is still
how to make efficient vias, especially if you include inner layers.