Re: gEDA-user: PCB SYNTAX ERROR BROKEN PIPE

>From dpkg -l I have gEDA gschem  20050313-1 and pcb 1.99j+20050127-2.
I'll remoot and give you the report of pcb --version, but I hope you
have enough to go on.

The error message of "stdin17: m4: Bad expression in eval: /4" is
repeated a ton of times and I halt it with a control-C. This does not
happen with my old .sch designs that I reran through gsch2pcb, just the
ones I am working like crazy this week.

I worked the past 4+ hours downloading, trying to burn a live CD and
reinstalling gEDA, with no success yet. I still have the original 2005
live CD with the above versions working in the state that I described so
far.

Thanks a lot for your input, all of you.
Best regards,
Frank

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:21:20 +0100, "Peter Clifton" <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>
said:
> On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 17:05 -0400, Transistor Toaster wrote:
>
> Could you report the output of:
>
> pcb --version
>
> I recall fixing some bugs in the m4 library which resulted in output
> like:
>
> stdin17: m4: Bad expression in eval: /4
>
> which you originally reported. With a version number I should be able to
> tell if those fixes are present on your knoppix CD.
>
> footprints with "-" in the name, and possibly " ", I can't recall, cause
> problems with the m4 processing. If you have any in your schematic, that
> might be worth reporting.
>
> Peter

  Transistor Toaster
  transistortoaster@xxxxxxxxxxx