gEDA-user: Hierarchy issue with gsch2pcb

Hello all,

I have created a schematic on tow levels.  The top level uses a symbol
that represents the second level schematic (called discharge.sch).
This is working fine with gschem, and I can do Hd and Hs and Hu to work
through the symbol.  But gsch2pcb doesn't find my second level schematic,
I get the following message
[anne@localhost HAoutputStage]$ gsch2pcb
outputStageWithCurrentSceChan8.sch
Could not open [discharge.sch]

---------------------------------
gEDA/gnetlist pcbpins Backend
This backend is EXPERIMENTAL
Use at your own risk!
---------------------------------

Could not open [discharge.sch]
Could not open [discharge.sch]
WARNING: D1 has no footprint attribute so won't be in the layout.

Done processing.  Work performed:
No elements to add so not creating outputStageWithCurrentSceChan8.new.pcb
1 components had no footprint attribute and are omitted.

How can I tell gsch2pcb that my symbol has a schematic which has all the
right footprints.  Where am I supposed to specify the directories where
gsch2pcb should look for schematics?  I know how to do this for gschem and
pcb, but failed to find it for gsch2pcb.

Thanks for your help

anne