Re: gEDA-user: Spice files

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:17:20 -0400, Karl Edler wrote:

> After a little poking around I found the following website full of SPICE
> models:
> http://www.cadence.com/products/orcad/downloads/pspice_models/index.aspx
>
> It might be worth a look.

Two questions spring to my mind:

1) are these models compatible to gnucap and/or ngspice?

2) what about the copyright?
The terms of use the website footer says:

/------http://www.cadence.com/terms.aspx section 2.1 ----
The material you are downloading is copyrighted by Cadence Design
Systems, Inc. and its licensors. All rights reserved. This work may not
be copied, modified, re-published, uploaded, executed, or distributed in
any way, in any medium, whether in whole or in part except pursuant to
express license terms agreed upon by Cadence and you.

I am not fluent in legalese, but this does not seem to prevent the
distribution of a download script...

Just my two cents.
---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211