Re: gEDA-user: syntax error

Ian Chapman wrote:
> Thanks DJ that was exactly the problem.  Regards Ian.

> On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 09:46 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> It looks like you tried to edit the footprint with pcb, but saved it
>> as a layout rather than as a footprint.  Check your footprint file on
>> disk.

I'm thinking this is another reason perhaps to have pcb do the loading
of the footprints instead of letting gsch2pcb do it.  Right now I don't
think gsch2pcb does any sanity checking at all of any files it finds
that it thinks are footprints.  Makes for non-useful error messages like
in Ian's case here.

-Dan