gEDA-user: Move to other side behavior

When I execute the command to move a selected component to the other
side, the component's position is reflected about the X-axis of the
board, i.e. if the board dimension is 10k and the component's
Y-coordinate is 2.5k, then the Y-coordinate after switching sides will
be 7.5k (10k-2.5k).  Is this the intended behavior, and if so, what is
the reasoning?

As for myself, it would be more convenient if the command preserved
Y-coordinate. For example, when I am optimizing the placement of
components and zoomed in, I'd like the component to stay in the current
window if I flip it to the other side to test its placement there.  Any
thoughts/opinions on this?

Thanks,
Ethan Swint