Re: gEDA-user: terminators

On Apr 4, 2009, at 11:08 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:

>> but the GUI application is DRMed.

And it's also Windows-only from what I recall. I only use it on XP
anyway...

> Well, that may not work for me then, as I have to funnel the data
> through an MCU, then USB, then to the Linux box.  I also have nothing
> connected to the jtag port, although I suppose I could wire that to
> the mcu too.
>
> What would be cool is getting the LA data into a gtkwave-compatible
> format.

I've had good luck capturing data inside the FPGA in BRAM at the full
clock speed, then reading it out slowly over SPI to an ARM processor
where it gets formatted & sent via a USB CDC interface to code running
on a PC. It's not screaming fast, but then neither is Chipscope via
JTAG.

It would probably be straight-forward to write C/Perl/whatever to
format data dumped from BRAM as a VCD to load into gtkwave.

Eric