Re: gEDA-user: terminators

Yeah, it didn't occur to me,but chipscope is a good method.  If it's not
free, and you have some extra fpga pins, bring out a couple of test pins
to a header, then route the internal signals to that header.

I'm at a loss for the name, it may be fpgaeditor, but it is really easy
to route/reroute signals to the test pins without editing and
recompiling the chip design.  I did it all the time on my last job.

Anyway, this method can give you some visibility into the internal fpga
workings without resorting to chip scope.  Also, chipscope uses up block
  ram (it uses minimum 2 block ram, if I remember right), so if that's a
concern for you, this way may be an alternative.

 From your earlier email, I thought you were worried about the signals
on the bus.  If you just care about things at the functional level, this
is a good way to go.

gene