Re: gEDA-user: Contributing components to gEDA

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 18:45 -0700, jeffrey antony wrote:

> Is there any one who has done any circuit board using at90usb162?

I have done a board with the AT90USB1287, and written free GPL USB
firmware. Not fully compatible with at90usb162. Making a board for
at90usb162 should be easy -- make the at90usb162 symbols with tragesym
or djboxsym, all other components should be available. You may consider
using the LUFA/MyUSB firmware, which is much bigger than mine and should
support at90usb162. My AT90USB1287 board:

http://www.ssalewski.de/AT90USB_board.html.en

>    I would like to contibute some symbols and footprints to gEDA. I had
>    seen a site named gedasymbols.org. The problem is that each user has
>    developed his components. Finding the components to be developed is
>    not an easy task.

One problem is, that some people do not care much about the presentation
and the quality of their symbols and footprints at gedasymbols.