Re: gEDA-user: Footprints!!!

On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 17:04 +0800, louis lry wrote:
> Hi,
>    I encounter some problems while using the gsch2pcb. The major problem
>    was about the footprints. Somehow I can't get it to work. I followed
>    all the instructions on this webpage
>    "http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:gsch2pcb_tutorial";. However, the
>    computer cannot detect what is in the pcb_element file, because the
>    strange thing is, what ever footprint which is not found in the
>    pcb_element folder, the PCB symbol can be created whereas the
>    footprint that is in the pcb_element folder, the PCB element shows an
>    error that" pcb_element cannot be located". The footprint i used was
>    the package number of the product, for example this connector "
>    Molex-5045-03A". Can you tell me what should I do ?
>    Thanks :)
>    With Regards,
>    Louis
>
>    What can you do with the new Windows Live? [1]Find out

I do not fully understand your posting. You insert promotion for windows
software and send your text twice, so I guess you use PCB on windows. I
do only use Linux.

What should be clear: For PCB/gsch2pcb the footprints must exist on your
computer, i.e. a file with ending .fp. You can not expect to use some
funny product name and magically get the correct footprint. Look on your
harddisk (I do locate -i myname for Linux), look at gedasymbols, look at
John Luciani's page, ask here, or make your own footprint.

Maybe one of the developers or PCB experts can understand your problem
better than I.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski