Re: gEDA-user: Crash in gschem

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:39:42 +0200
Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > More testing reveals that, even on an empty 'New' page, a vertical pin
> > crashes gechem! (not a horizontal one)
> >

> I did some tests yesterday but was not able to see problems -- I use
> 1.4.3 on Gentoo-AMD64. But indeed I nearly never create new pins --
> using a prototype generated with tragesym and only fine-tuning in gschem
> is faster, and it ensures that all looks perfect (perfect aligned/sized
> text) -- at least for tragesym from 1.5.2. And it ensures that all
> attributes are present.

I haven't used tragesym yet, but the symbol I wanted to create was a very
non-standard transmissive opto sensor. I don't think tragesym caters for
such symbols.

Anyway, I submitted the problem as a bug report on sourceforge - I hope
someone reads it. There seems to be little activity there.

I solved the problem by drawing the symbol, rotating 90 degrees, adding
the pins, and rotating back. It's only _drawing_ the symbol that causes
the problems - it may be a GUI issue.

Cheers,
John