Re: gEDA-user: Crash in gschem

On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 12:25 -0300, John Coppens wrote:

> I haven't used tragesym yet, but the symbol I wanted to create was a very
> non-standard transmissive opto sensor. I don't think tragesym caters for
> such symbols.

Tragesym (or djboxsym) gives you a template, i.e. all pins with right
direction, numbers, label, fontsize...
I take that and move pins to other position and do some graphical
fine-tuning. Sometimes I only copy a similar symbol and modify it, maybe
copy a few pins.

> Anyway, I submitted the problem as a bug report on sourceforge - I hope
> someone reads it. There seems to be little activity there.

Because there a so few bugs :-)

> I solved the problem by drawing the symbol, rotating 90 degrees, adding
> the pins, and rotating back. It's only _drawing_ the symbol that causes
> the problems - it may be a GUI issue.

Maybe you should try to give an exact, step by step instruction how you
produce the bug. And maybe you should give more details about your box,
i.e. compiler-version, OS, version of GTK and other libraries...

Best regards

Stefan Salewski