Re: gEDA-user: Crash in gschem

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 01:58 -0300, John Coppens wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 18:34:55 +0200
> Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Maybe you should try to give an exact, step by step instruction how you
> > produce the bug. And maybe you should give more details about your box,
> > i.e. compiler-version, OS, version of GTK and other libraries...
>
> It quite simple really.
>
> 1) Start gschem,
> 2) Draw a vertical pin ('a' 'p' draw line)
> 3) Crash on clicking the endpoint (backtrace is in previous message)
>
> gcc version 4.2.3
>
> OS is Linux (of course. Kernel is 2.6.28), GTK+ is 2.16.0, glib-2.20.0.
>
> I also compiled all the gEDA files of the same version (first).
> All other libraries are near the latest versions, as was necessary to
> compile the latest GTK and friends.
>
> John

Sorry, I can not really help you. Its impossible to reproduce the bug on
my box, and it's impossible for me to learn something from the
debug-output which you postet. So we have to wait until one of the
developers will find time to look at it.

My guess is that the problem is special to your box. Are you using guile
1.8 or the old 1.6? Many linux distributions have gEDA 1.4.3 in their
package managers available, maybe you can consider using that? But of
course this bug is not too serious, you have found a solution to prevent
it.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski