Re: gEDA-user: PCB template?

Jim wrote:
I am designing a couple of boards (if successful more than 2) that have the same "form factor". That is they are the same physical size and both (all) have fingers to plug into a card slot on a mother board. So I don't have to worry about registration of the fingers each time I come up with a new board, is there a way I can define a PCB template that includes the fingers? That seems like it would be hard to do since the fingers are a connector on the schematic and wouldn't line up right without some tricks. The other option might be if there were a command line to PCB that I could execute to tell it "put pin 1 of conn1 at X, Y". Or would it be best to have a template that has a target in silk to line the fingers up?
I'm open to the simplest solution.
Make a board with only the connector loaded, at the desired position. When you would like to lay out a new board, copy & rename the "template" file, renumber the connector, then run gschem2pcb. It will make an additional .pcb file that you can then "load layout data from file".
-Ethan
begin:vcard
fn:Ethan Swint
n:Swint;Ethan
org:Ramu Inc
adr;dom:Suite 2220;;3154 State Street;Blacksburg;VA;24060
email;internet:eswint.ramu@xxxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Engineer
tel;work:540.443.3100
tel;cell:516.521.1313