Re: gEDA-user: im new, soy nuevo

The most authoritative world wide source on Jive is the scene which Barbara Billingsley, of "Leave it to Beaver" fame, in the movie "Airplane" helps out the flight attendant. Here's a snippet just off the top of my head:

Randy : Can I get you something?
Second Jive Dude : 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!
Randy : I'm sorry, I don't understand.
First Jive Dude : Cutty say 'e can't HANG!
Jive Lady : Oh stewardess! I speak jive.
Randy : Oh, good.
Jive Lady : He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him. Randy : All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine? Jive Lady : Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side. Second Jive Dude : What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap! Jive Lady : Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!
First Jive Dude : Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!
Jive Lady : Jive dude don't got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!

Note the thinly veiled reference to the substance of the gEDA documentation and the overt reference to the missing symbol for two common 8051 variants.

hang loose blood,
Bill

Armin Faltl wrote:
Hi,

IMHO the purpose of the list is conveying information as clear as possible
to as many people as possible. While it's ok for me to say hello now
and then in whatever language and run the occasional joke, the whole thing got on my nervers esp. when suggestions of how nice it is to improve spanish etc arose.
How about improving english?

Instead of bluntly asking to stop this, I tried to show my perspective.
Had I the ability, I'd have used russian and cyrilic alphabet.
Hethitic, Clingonian or Linear-B would have been other superb choices.

Clearly some people got it: Jive ;-)

Sometimes my online game mates confuse me for an english native speaker,
but clearly it's only "a little" compared to my german.
None of the "a little" excuses appeared particulary poor english to me.

Still, thanks for all the answers. I hope I don't stamp myself as troll
with this last post of mine on the subject.
Btw, where can I learn Jive?

Armin

Jan Wagemakers wrote:
Armin Faltl schreef:

ich hoffe niemand hat Probleme damit, dass ich hier jetzt in Deutsch
schreibe.

I understand a little-bit German (aber meine Deutsche sprache is nicht so
gut), but is it OK that I answer in English (or Dutch)? ;-)

Mit freundlichen GrÃÃen,

believed to be clean.