Re: gEDA-user: A little puzzled about the purpose of gschem

How long did it take you to learn make well enough to do this with it?

How long does it take you to set up your processes for any given project?

> >   Or use a better toolkit that takes that needless, wasteful, and
> >   professionally irrelevant struggle out of the equation.
>
> If you're struggling, you're not using the tool effectively.
> Show us your work. We can help you, and when we figure out
> why you're puzzled maybe we can improve the documentation.

But to a newbie, learning to use a tool effectively if its only power is at a command line, takes a loooooong time, and much referring to a  separate reference of some kind to find the needed command.  A gui, while it can be limiting to an expert, will often speed up that initial learning curve, especially if it's just a wrapper around a command-line or other interface, so the newbie can use it to learn the capabilities and commands that the command-line uses.