Re: gEDA-user: A little puzzled about the purpose of gschem

On Apr 28, 2010, at 3:40 PM, John Doty wrote:
Well, you started out complaining about a 741 model. I'd call that a very rare, obsolete part: I haven't actually seen one in a circuit in over 30 years. I guess it's still in textbooks (read Stephen J. Gould's rants about textbook authors' tendency to copy from previous textbooks sometime), but why would anyone use it in a new design?

  Very rare?!  I see 741s everywhere.  WTF?

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL