Re: gEDA-user: zview/ngscope

Hi Kaimartin,

I did not saw satisfactory analog viewer for ngspice. Could you please send me a link or project name? My goal was to have viewer for ngspice, which I use for IC design, with all the specific requirements for this field. Thus I suit ngsope for this - analyzes ngspice waveforms, noise plots, biasing observation, stability analyzes (Bode plots), transients etc. I do not know any viewer with such capabilities in OSS.

Integration of simulator and gschem - that is gschem developers business, but I do not think it will ever happened due to obvious reason - there is no in OSS standard simulator which everyone uses. I prefer ngspice - the most powerful simulator in OSS. Second reason - integration by itself useless, to make it powerful models should be developed for every component used. Another reason - UNIX is terminal driven thing, with all the consequences. From my practice - GUI is just a candy - too much sugar and no health, it significantly limits tool capability.... By the way, I remember sourceforge has at list one GUI with interface to simulator. I try this long time ago. Useless.

Thanks,
Alex.