Re: gEDA-user: RFC using SVG with semantic markup as an EDA format

Yeah I think allowing a file to be saved by a general purpose tool
will be really tricky, as we'd have to account for everything that
might happen. Inkscape does weird stuff to SVG's even if you just open
and save straight away.

I dont really think that mode of operation is super useful anyway. I
cant imagine wanting to edit a pcb/schematic in Inkscape any time
soon, though it would be nice for say drawing a logo or something. I'd
say that kind of support would be a longer term goal.

I suppose my sole purpose for SVG right now is the warm fuzzy feeling
of viewing in a browser :-)