Re: gEDA-user: RFC using SVG with semantic markup as an EDA format

This is what I see as a benefit. If you go to a vendor's website you
will find one or two EDA footprint and symbol files.  But nothing that
was a bell ringer for commonality.  It would be nice to have a
universal starting point.

There is EDIF but I see EDIF as not being so useful, i think they
tried to do too many things, and failed to get them all correct. As
one file format to rule them all.

I rather see svg symbol format, svg footprint format, and svg.... format.

Steve